Yesterday (Sunday), I spoke three times in the church my mother attends in Brisbane, Australia. A number of people drove all the way from the town of Dalby (2.5 hours away). There was a small busload and others from the Gold Coast (1 hour away), and others drove from outlying suburbs. One 80-year-old lady caught a train from north of Brisbane (Redcliffe) and traveled 1.5 hours and then 30 minutes by taxi. Also, it was thrilling to see a good number of young people.
For one of my presentations, I concentrated on teaching people that there are only two starting points to develop one’s worldview. You either start with God’s Word or man’s word (just as we depict in the “Starting Points Room” at the Creation Museum). I shared that because of the false view of “neutrality” that permeated our culture, Christians had been intimidated and given up their starting point. I challenged the congregation that God’s people have to stop giving up their starting point.
A number of people came up and said that they could see that many Christians had given up their starting point and how this had caused Christians to be rather ineffective in their witnessing and in affecting the culture. As one man said to me, “you put it so simply—I see it now. I’ve been one of those that gave up our starting point. Thank you so much for teaching me how to stand on God’s Word.”
I had many other testimonies during the day including the following:
- A lady who told me her son—a number of years ago—became a Christian after reading the children’s book A is for Adam. I have heard such testimonies many times over the years. The Lord has certainly used this book that honors His Word to open the hearts of young children.
- A young man told me he became a Christian seven years ago as a result of our ministry. He then asked further questions in regard to how to witness effectively in this culture.
- One man told me he had gone to Christian school, but he had never heard teaching like this.
- A number of people visiting that day in the church told me they were battling people in their churches back home who believed in evolution/millions of years, and they were so thankful for the books that were supplied so they could now be equipped with answers.
- Many people told me they have just never heard teaching like this. I could tell people were hungry for answers.
After the second session Sunday evening, most people stayed for another half hour for a question time.
One of the major Christian book distributors in Australia, Koorong, supplied books and some DVDs for the event. People were hungry for these resources. Three of the books they supplied were The New Answers Books (1,2, and 3). These are the biggest-selling creation apologetics books in the world. The books that were supplied all went. There is a incredible hunger for the resources—people want to be equipped.
Here are some photographs:
Ark Encounter Gets Worldwide Attention
Not only has the media in the USA reported on the just-announced Ark Encounter project, but various news sources from other countries have also reported on this. Here is a new report from The Daily Mail of the UK, and here is another news report from The New York Times.
I urge you to read our lead article today on the AiG website entitled, “Media Mania.” The media frenzy in reaction to the announcement of the Ark project has been incredible—imagine what will happen when the Ark Encounter opens its doors. Furthermore, the Ark Encounter will be featured tonight (Monday) on ABC–TV’s evening newscast (see Ark Encounter on ABC–TV News Tonight).
Thanks for stopping by and thanks for praying,