Recently, we began providing free audio downloads (and you can also listen to them online) to a number of the main presentations I give at conferences, in churches, schools, etc. These are similar to the presentations I was not allowed to give at a recent homeschool convention.
The first talk we provided was The Relevance of Genesis.
Today, we are providing you with a presentation entitled How to Defend the Christian Faith in Today’s World.
Here is an outline of the talk:
- The issue of origins science is different to that of developing our science technology. When we are discussing origins, we are trying to understand what happened in the past to bring the present into being. When we are developing technology, we are gaining knowledge through our five senses (based on repeatable testing).
- Creationists and evolutionists, Christians and non-Christians all have the same evidence when it comes to the topic of origins. The battle is not the evidence as such, but how one interprets the evidence of the present in relation to the past.
- Ultimately, there are only two starting points to develop a way of thinking about the universe—God’s Word or Man’s word.
- The two starting points result in two different ways of thinking and thus differing interpretations of the same evidence in relation to the past
- The word “science” basically means “knowledge.” We can gain knowledge by observation, which in science is called operational (observational) science. We can talk about knowledge concerning the past and origins, which is called historical science. Most people don’t understand the difference between historical and operational science. Secularists tend to mix the two together and call it “science,” which is why so many people are easily led astray concerning the truth about origins.
- Romans 1:20 is an “intelligent design” verse, but the intelligent design movement is not a Christian movement.
- Christians have by and large been indoctrinated to believe there is a “neutral” position when arguing about origins, Christian morality, etc. Many have given up their starting point, thus allowing the starting point of Man’s word to overpower the culture.
- Because there is no “neutral” position, Christians need to once again stand boldly and uncompromisingly on God’s Word. Christians need to honor God’s Word—“Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God” (Romans 10:17).
- Christians will continue to lose ground regarding the creation vs. evolution issue in schools, the Bible in schools, Christian symbols in public places, abortion issue, “Gay” marriage issue, and so on—unless they stop trying to act “neutral” and begin to stand for biblical authority.
- The collapse of the Christian worldview in our Western world is related to the fact that the various cultures have changed starting points—from God’s Word to man’s word—and become more consistent in building their worldview on man’s fallible word.
- The Bible makes it clear that hearts and minds change cultures, but many Christians have spent millions of dollars trying to change the culture through legislation, which is not working.
- Christians have by and large allowed the secular world to capture the hearts and minds of generations of the kids, and they need to be taken back and given the right foundation of God’s Word.
Thanks for stopping by and thanks for praying,