Ranting, Intolerant Psychology Professor . . . Again—Our Tax Dollars at Work

by Ken Ham

On the USnews.com site, we read:

Public colleges and universities are typically operated under the supervision of state governments and are funded, in part, by tax dollars and subsidies from the state. As a result, these universities often offer free or discounted tuition to students considered residents of the state. Public schools run the gamut from small liberal arts colleges to large research institutions. These are the highest ranked public colleges and universities in the 2014 Best Colleges rankings, listed according to their ranking category. (colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com)
One of the universities on the list  is Murray State University in Kentucky, about a five-hour drive west of our Creation Museum.

One professor at this college, William Zingrone, associate professor of psychology, has been ranting against Answers in Genesis (using ad hominem arguments, as  secularists often do) and our various outreaches for some time. And he is at it once more.  And again, his tirade (remember, this man is a psychologist, yet he can’t seem to control his emotions) against Christians reveals his utter intolerance for those who have differing views.  By the way, this intolerant man calls himself a freethinker.

Zingrone is one of the leaders of two secular groups on his campus, and is active in promoting atheism.

Here is his position on atheism:

The News [the university’s student newspaper] has graciously given me a column dedicated to all things secular, scientific and humanist . . . The new movement intends to continue to replace supernaturalism and authority in human affairs with naturalistic science based in reason and tolerance . . . It is as much about promoting science, reason and tolerance as engaging in critical analysis of supernatural and religious claims . . . The nonbelievers of today promoting the New Enlightenment ideas of skepticism for all ideologies, religious or political, and championing reason and tolerance to guide all human interactions . . .  (thenews.org)
So a person who rants against anything to do with the supernatural, and wants to promote atheism, is somehow promoting tolerance?  Actually, I find such people to be some of the most intolerant people on the planet.

We wrote about this professor earlier this year when he called me a “clown” and made absurd accusations against AiG. For instance, he commented about the full-size Ark we are building in northern Kentucky and declared that “the state of Kentucky is giving this clown [me] millions of dollars in tax breaks at a time when real education is being cut by millions in this state to turn his lies into a water park.” Putting aside the fact that the Ark Encounter is no water park, but a historically themed attraction, we point out that no state monies will be used to construct the facility.  Actually, the Ark Encounter will bring in tax dollars to the state of Kentucky—some of which will no doubt go to Murray University, where this professor is free to rant against Christians and make whatever false accusations he wants to.  Actually, tax dollars in essence are being used to promote the intolerance of Christianity and to promote the religion of atheism! I encourage you to read the article at www.answersingenesis.org/articles/2013/03/15/psychologist-couldnt-control-himself.

Now Zigrone, in a new intolerant rant against me and AiG, our AiG scientists, and ministry friend Ray Comfort (Living Waters Ministry), has posted a commentary.  Here are some excerpts:

Throw your geology textbook away, biology ones too, your organic chemistry textbook, your smoke alarms, don’t bother to get a PET scan or thyroid scan if you have cancer, unplug your electronic devices from the wall if your electrical power is generated by a nuclear plant.  None of the textbooks are right, and all those devices can’t possibly work because Ken Ham and Ray Comfort and other knowledge deniers claim the earth is only 6,000-10,000 years old . . .

We should be outraged at this insane denial of reality, this infantile rejection of science, this dishonest attempt to make an extreme, ridiculous and idiosyncratic interpretation of the Bible look plausible by denying or deliberately hiding information as if it didn’t exist. We should be outraged . . .

Their ludicrous claim is exceeded only by its sheer bombast.  This is not a clash of world views; this is reality versus absurd delusional claims based on a perverted interpretation of Biblical scripture.  It is knowledge versus complete [EXPLETIVE DELETED]. Creationism is pseudoscience and Kentucky shouldn’t be funding a dime of it. Ham and Comfort and others demand you do Christianity their way or you are not a real Christian . . .

Evidence is demanded in every other human endeavor, but you can make up whatever you want in religion and hide behind the banner of faith to promote your preposterous ideas.  We need to be strident: vociferous and loud and constant in ridicule and refutation of such Creationist drivel.  We should be outraged.

Actually, Christians should be outraged that tax dollars are going to such a school where a professor is allowed to rant against Christians like ourselves and promote total intolerance of views that don’t fit this man’s atheism!  He is on a rant because he wants to get rid of God—because he essentially wants to be his own god.

You can read his latest rant at thenews.org.

Obviously, he totally misunderstands historical science and observational science—showing his utter ignorance of what science is.

I believe any thinking person can see through his tirade and understand his secular motives: he wants people to be intolerant of Bible-believing Christians.

But why should we be surprised, after all? You see:

The heart is deceitful above all things, And desperately wicked; Who can know it? (Jeremiah 17:9)

As it is written: “There is none righteous, no, not one; There is none who understands; There is none who seeks after God. They have all turned aside; They have together become unprofitable; There is none who does good, no, not one.” “Their throat is an open tomb; With their tongues they have practiced deceit”; “The poison of asps is under their lips”; “Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness.” “Their feet are swift to shed blood; Destruction and misery are in their ways; And the way of peace they have not known.” “There is no fear of God before their eyes.” (Romans 3:10–18)

Pray for this professor who is on a path of destruction—his own destruction. He needs the Lord.

Thanks for stopping by and thanks for praying,

Ken

Ken Ham’s Daily Email

Email me with Ken’s daily email:

Privacy Policy

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA, and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Answers in Genesis is an apologetics ministry, dedicated to helping Christians defend their faith and proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ.

Learn more

• Customer Service 800.778.3390